The Rhino Rumble has arrived!
Experience the rumble first hand and spend a beautiful moment with a 2 tonne Southern White Rhino.
In this shared experience you get to join the keepers as they head down to the Rhino yards for their daily interactions with Kifaru.
The activity of this exciting encounter changes daily, you could be joining him for an afternoon scratch and a chat, perhaps you are helping the keepers feed him his afternoon diet, you could even indulge him with a spa treatment and help give him a mud bath!
All proceeds from Rhino encounters will contribute towards the airfare for our second Rhino travelling from New Zealand in mid 2019.
Terms & Conditions
- Online bookings need to be made 24 hours in advance, for today’s availability please contact the zoo on 03 5356 4668
- Minimum 6 years of age.
- Price does not include general admission but includes photos that we will email to you.
- All encounters are subject to availability.
- All participants must follow all instructions given by Halls Gap Zoo staff, failure to do so may result in a shortened session.
- Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at Zoo staff’s discretion.
- Animals respond in different ways to different people and external factors, we cannot control this and experiences may vary.